City & Guilds Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
This qualification is suitable for those in the area of health and safety practice in the workplace who have authority, influence and autonomy, and aims to develop and implement good practice within a wide range of health and safety matters within the workplace.
This course is available through both OCR, and City & Guilds. Each body makes available this course to be undertaken in different geographical regions of the world, please contact us for further information on course availability.
To gain this qualification you must complete all 10 mandatory units to gain the qualification.
C&G Mandatory Units Credit Value Level
- UNIT 501 (HSP2) Promote a positive health & safety culture
- UNIT 601 (HSP3) Develop & implement the health & safety policy
- UNIT 401 (HSP4) Develop & implement effective communication systems for health & safety information
- UNIT 502 (HSP5) Develop & maintain individual & organisational competence in health & safety matters
- UNIT 503 (HSP6) Identify, assess & control health & safety risks
- UNIT 504 (HSP7) Develop & implement proactive monitoring systems for health & safety
- UNIT 505 (HSP8) Develop & implement reactive monitoring systems for health & safety
- UNIT 506 (HSP10) Develop & implement health & safety emergency response systems & procedures
- UNIT 507 (HSP11) Develop & implement health & safety review systems
- UNIT 508 (HSP13) Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health & safety practice
Study & assessment
The learning material is provided electronically with a guidebook and assessment plan. The Tutorial/Assessment team monitor your progress to offer you support and guidance throughout your qualification. Assessment is by production of a personal portfolio demonstrating understanding and application of the standards at this level; this is greatly simplified by our eLearning platform, where evidence can be electronically submitted.
Did you know?
This qualification does not have any examinations and is impossible to fail!
“You are either competent or not yet competent”.