NEBOSH International Certificate in Construction Safety & Health
The International Construction Certificate is designed for supervisors and managers within the international construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to discharge more effectively their duties with respect to health and safety in construction activities and is designed to cover general health and safety issues within a construction context as well as placing emphasis on the specific construction issues that make the industry amongst the most dangerous in which to work.
Payments for eLearning courses made within the UK (only) are subject to UK VAT at the prevailing rate.
Syllabus Summary (May 2010 Specification):
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems (SMS): Policy
- Health and safety management systems (SMS): Organising
- Health and safety management systems (SMS): Planning
- Health and safety management systems (SMS): Measuring, audit and review
- Construction management
- Construction activities hazards and control
- Movement of people and vehicles: Hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling: Hazards and control
- Work equipment: Hazards and risk control
- Electrical hazards and control
- Fire hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health: Hazards and control
- Working at height: Hazards and control
- Excavation work and confined spaces: Hazards and control
- Demolition hazards and control
The examination comprises two 2-hour written papers and a practical assessment. Each written paper consists of one 'long-answer' question and ten 'short-answer' questions. All questions are compulsory. The practical assessment consists of carrying out a risk assessment of a workplace and preparing a short report.
Exam Sitting Fees: Students not wishing to sit their examinations at a SHEilds Test Centre may incur an additional fee of up to £310, please click here to see a list of venues.
Did you know?
This qualification is unitised; therefore if you have successfully completed the NEBOSH IGC course within the past 5 years, you are exempt from re-sitting the IGC1 examinations. Reducing your required study!