NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is designed for managers, supervisors, worker representatives and others who require an understanding of health and safety principles and practices. Candidates are likely to be employees of large organisations operating outside the UK, or of multinational companies already working to international standards but who need to adapt these to accord with local needs and practice.
The syllabus omits specific reference to any national legal requirements but, instead, focuses on international standards, in particular ILO codes of practice. In common with the national award, however, the syllabus is structured according to a recognised management framework.
Payments for eLearning courses made within the UK (only) are subject to UK VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems - Policy
- Health and safety management systems - Organising
- Health and safety management systems - Planning
- Health and safety management systems - Measuring, audit and review
- Movement of people and vehicles - hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling - hazards and control
- Work equipment - hazards and control
- Electrical - hazards and control
- Fire - hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and control
- Construction activities - hazards and control
The syllabus details for the IGC1 are based on the new standard 2011/2012
The examination comprises two 2-hour written papers and a practical assessment. Each written paper consists of one 'long-answer' question and ten 'short-answer' questions. All questions are compulsory. The practical assessment consists of carrying out a risk assessment of a workplace and preparing a short report.
Sitting Fee: Students not wishing to sit their examinations at a SHEilds Test Centre may incur an additional fee of up-to £310, please click here to see a list of venues.
Did you know?
This qualification is excellent pre study material for the NEBOSH International Diploma and Technical Oil & Gas certificate courses. The content and examination preparation can increase your potential pass marks by up to 25%.