Students may choose to sit their examinations at venues and dates listed here.
Costs for this eLearning NEBOSH Environmental Diploma
- Diploma Course Fee
Payments for eLearning courses made within the UK (only) are subject to UK VAT at the prevailing rate.
NEBOSH Environmental Diploma (via eLearning)
NEBOSH Environmental Diploma
There are no prerequisite entry requirements for this NEBOSH Environmental Diploma level qualification. Although students will find it helpful to have already achieved certification in either the NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH International General Certificate first as this greatly improves a students’ potential end-result. Students should be mindful this is a Degree level qualification and as such SHEilds classify the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma as a demanding qualifications and therefore you may find it very difficult to gain a pass mark if you do not already have this crucial background knowledge as a health & safety practitioner and/or the ability and application to study at this level. You may feel due to your previous experience within an Environmental Safety orientated role, that you possess the necessary skills to undertake study for this qualification.
A quick overview
Examination Registration fee:
Course Unit modules:
National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
Supervisors & Managers, Environmental Specialism Roles
150 – 190 Hours (15 Days)
1 x Written paper(s), 1 x Workplace based assignment (4,000 words)
Available annually in the months of June / December
£129+ exam venue fee (if applicable)
Available at hundreds of locations globally
2 – ED1, ED2
NEBOSH International / National Diploma, Masters Degree
Standard of English
An adequate understanding of the English language required by students whom undertake study for the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma must be to such degree that they can both understand and articulate the key concepts contained within the course syllabus.
The skills you should have learnt on completion:
- How to advise management on the likely environmental impact of an organisation’s activities and the action needed to avoid or minimise any harmful effects
- Be able to arrange for appropriate action to be taken either by themselves or in co-operation with other specialist staff
- To appreciate the inter-relationship between actions taken to protect work-people (work-force) and those taken to protect the environment, so that the best combination of measures is adopted by your organisation
Key Topics Covered:
- Principals of managing and controlling environmental risk
- Implementation of environmental management systems
- Environmental legislation, enforcement and civil liability
- Dealing with key environmental hazards and resources
- Practical application of knowledge and understanding via a workplace-based project
Exams and how you’re assessed
There are two major course Units (ED1 & ED2) to successfully complete before you become fully certified with the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma qualification.
The examinations are held twice each year and are to be taken on location at a registered NEBOSH examination centre. Additional sitting fees may be applicable based on the exam centre venue.
The examinations are scheduled on NEBOSH standard examination dates in the months of June and December.
The Written Exam Paper ED1
Examinations comprise of one 3-hour written paper (namely ED1) where candidates are required to select only five from a selection of eight questions to attempt.
ED2 Workplace based Project
Students must also complete a 4,000 word, workplace based assignments for the ED2 Unit.
How your NEBOSH papers are marked
The ED1 exam paper will be marked by approved NEBOSH examiners that provide basic feedback and an overall grade. You need to gain a minimum passing grade of 45 out of 100 marks. The ED2 Unit assignments are graded by your assigned NEBOSH Environmental Diploma SHEilds tutor and an on-going discussion log is maintained as evidence for your contribution and understanding of the assignment – a minimum passing grade of 60 out of a potential 100 marks is required.
IMPORTANT! Only students who have enrolled with NEBOSH through an accredited NEBOSH Diploma training centre are eligible to register for the examination.
What you get …
Let’s see what resources, tools and technologies are included within this NEBOSH Environmental Diploma course.
What is eLearning?
eLearning is an online classroom, which can be accessed any time/any where, fully supported by SHEilds team of accredited Tutors in the UK.
We have developed a multitude of interactions to nurture your learning style and stretch your abilities, giving you the best prospects for success.
- SHEilds courses have been developed for maximum compatibilities across all device types
- System hardware spec: Web browser with multimedia capabilities
- There are no programs to download
- Your course is completely online, you only download content you choose
SHEilds are a global leader in eLearning Environmental Diploma course training and delivery, specialising in health, safety and environmental qualifications and accredited by the awarding body of the UK’s National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH) centre number 548