SHEilds Terms & Conditions
Please ensure You read SHEilds terms and conditions thoroughly as it governs Your use of SHEilds Ltd services and limits our liability to You. by enrolling onto a SHEilds course You are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in this document
- Scope of Terms and Conditions
- Payment of Fees
- Enrolment, Transfer and Cancellation
- Programme of study
- Eligibility for Study
- Assessments & Reasonable Adjustments
- Registration for NEBOSH Assessments
- SHEilds Ltd Liability
- Vocational Qualification’s (NVQs/SVQs/VRQs)
- Verbal or Physical Abuse
- Intellectual Property Rights and SHEilds Ltd Website
- Data Protection
- Additional information
- Statutory Rights
1.1. In these Conditions the following terms shall have the following meaning:-
Accredited Course Provider means SHEilds Ltd
Application Form means the form submitted by You to SHEilds Ltd when You apply to enrol or register for a Qualification or Assessment with SHEilds Ltd;
Conditions means these SHEilds Ltd General Terms and Conditions for Students;
Enrolment Fee means the fee payable by You when You apply to become a student/candidate of SHEilds Ltd;
Guide(s) means the guides issued by an “Awarding Body” from time to time in respect of SHEilds Ltd Qualification’s;
Malpractice Policy means the latest policy relating to malpractice, which may from time to time be amended;
NEBOSH means the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (a company limited by guarantee under company number 2698100) of Dominus Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1QW;
Assessment means assessments of practical units and/or examinations which contribute towards Your qualification;
Policies means the policies of SHEilds Ltd and Awarding Bodies as amended, updated or added to from time to time.
Registration Fee means the fee payable by You when You register to undertake a specific Qualification/Assessment with SHEilds Ltd
Scripts means the document containing Your answers to Assessments;
Awarding Body means NEBOSH, IOSH or other organisation providing accreditation for Qualification’s to SHEilds Ltd;
You or Your refers to You, the student or prospective student for SHEilds Ltd Qualification’s;
2. Scope of Terms and Conditions
2.1. These Conditions govern Your relationship with SHEilds Ltd and the Awarding Body which may come into force through any registration or enrolment You commit to through SHEilds Ltd. For the avoidance of any doubt Awarding Bodies are not responsible for the provision of teaching, tutorial or other such services at any venue or centre.
2.2. Pursuant to clause 2.1 these Conditions shall set out the basic obligations of SHEilds Ltd and Your obligations and responsibilities which includes but is not limited to fees and payments.
2.3. When You enrol upon a programme of study for Your Qualification’s Your contract for that programme of study is with SHEilds Ltd. the Awarding Body is not a party to this contract.
3. Payment of Fees
3.1. SHEilds Ltd fees are subject to UK VAT.
3.2. SHEilds Ltd course fees exclude examination registration and sitting fees unless specified.
3.3. The full fee, the minimum deposit or an official purchase order must accompany Your purchase or application for the programme. Where a purchase order is received, the invoiced fees are payable within 30 days. Any company sponsoring an applicant is responsible for the fees in all circumstances.
3.4. You may also be liable for further additional fees (including but not limited to a fee for reviewing marks, registration fees, renewal fees and additional administration fees) which may not be set out in Your contract with SHEilds Ltd or the Awarding Body. Any additional charges applied by your bank or money transfer provider must be covered by you. If this fee is deducted from the amount paid to us we will invoice you for this amount which then needs to be paid in full.
3.5. Credit Card and International Debit Card payment/s may incur a 2.5%;
3.6. Payment Plans are offered by SHEilds Ltd under the following guidance;
3.6.1. SHEilds Ltd may refuse an application for a Payment Plan without reason;
3.6.2. 30% of the total course fee is required as the minimum deposit for a Payment Plan;
3.6.3. SHEilds Ltd will charge £15+VAT for each monthly instalment following the initial deposit;
3.6.4. The balance of Your account must be cleared in full, prior to You registering for examinations;
3.6.5. Your course advisor will agree Your Payment Plan with You, Prior to the commencement of Your qualification;
3.6.6. Failure to maintain Your agreed payment will result in You course access to be suspended
3.6.7. Should your course access be suspended (per 3.5.6) Your account will accrue a £20+VAT per month admin charges
3.6.8. Payment Plans can be paid by: Credit/Debit card, Bank transfer or Cheque subject to bank charges/ fees.
3.6.9 Once online access has been made, full payment will be required.
3.6.10 All exam fees expire after 12 months if not used
4. Enrolment, Transfer and Cancellation
4.1. By enrolling for a qualification with SHEilds Ltd (whether You apply directly or whether a third party applies on Your behalf) You accept these Conditions.
4.2. Your enrolment with SHEilds Ltd will only be effective if and when SHEilds Ltd sends to You its official enrolment receipt and SHEilds Ltd has received in full the Enrolment Fee and (if applicable) any other fee specified by it.
4.3. Enrolment is for the purposes of identifying You, to SHEilds Ltd with whom You are studying, tracking progress through Qualification’s, confirming Your eligibility to participate in Awarding Body Assessments and confirming previous units attained by You which count towards Awarding Body Qualification’s.
4.4. You are expected to provide a copy of your photographic ID to SHEilds within 7 days of enrolment. If this hasn’t been received within the 7 days, SHEilds Ltd will temporarily suspend account access until the ID has been received.
4.5. When enrolling for a qualification You are agreeing to abide by the regulations for that qualification, as set out by the Awarding Bodies to that qualification.
4.6. Qualification’s, in part or whole, cannot be transferred to another party.
4.7. You have fourteen days from the date of purchase to cancel Your course and request a refund. Requests for refunds must be made in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or SHEilds House, 24 Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Hessle HU13 9PB UK
4.8. No refunds will be offered to You for part or fully completed courses.
4.9. No refunds will be offered to You if any course material has been downloaded from Your qualification(s).
4.10 Class room courses must be sat within 1 year from the deposit being paid. If the classroom course has not been taken in this period, the course will be cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded.
4.11 SHEilds reserve the right to cancel, without notice, any classroom course. A full refund of all classroom course fees paid will be given. SHEilds will not refund or reimburse for any additional costs occurred by the student.
5. Programme of Study
5.1. The qualification material supplied to You at the start of Your programme is written to meet the requirements of the published syllabus at that time. These materials, when used in conjunction with any supplementary materials provided during Your period of study and the tutorial support, provide all the information required for successful completion of Your programme.
5.2. Each enrolment is for a single user only. On registration, You will be allocated a user name and password (“ID”). You are responsible for all use of the Services using Your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of Your ID.
5.3. The price quoted to You or stated within our brochures and or website(s) is correct at the time of publication and is subject to change at any time.
5.4. Over the period of Your programme You will have access to Your course tutor by email, forums, letter and telephone during normal UK working hours from SHEilds Ltd.
5.5. Your course access shall not exceed 12 months from the date of purchase.
5.6. SHEilds Ltd accepts no responsibility for changes to the availability or syllabus content of the accredited courses as set by the Awarding Body. Should Your syllabus be phased out, at any time during Your study or assessment period, we can only extend this to the last available date for which Your course is valid. Students wishing to transfer to a new syllabus will incur a charge for this as deemed appropriate by us. In the event of changes to the syllabus and assessment criteria, we reserve the right to alter the content or structure of a course without prior notice being given to You.
6. Eligibility for study
6.1. All SHEilds Ltd Qualification’s are delivered and examined in English (unless specified in the advertised course description).
6.2. Should English not be Your first language, it is Your responsibility to ensure that Your proficiency in both written and oral English is of a sufficient standard to enable You to meet the demands of both Your studies and the examination(s).
6.3. Qualification’s official titles which include the word “National” are based upon UK legislation and are not designed for none UK based applications.
6.4. Qualification’s official titles which include the word “International” are based upon no specific Countries legislation, however, are based on international codes of best practice are designed for International applications.
7. Assessments and Reasonable Adjustments
7.1. It is Your responsibility to ensure You have registered for the appropriate examination, date and venue. SHEilds Ltd cannot be held responsible for mistakes
7.2. SHEilds Ltd Assessment closing dates are set independently of the Awarding Body.
7.3. For assessment registrations received after SHEilds Ltd closing date, SHEilds Ltd reserve the right to refuse acceptance of Your application.
7.4. Where SHEilds Ltd accept late assessment registrations, an additional charge will apply.
7.5. You have the right to apply for reasonable adjustment should You feel You will be at a disadvantage during Your Assessment.
7.6. Your application for reasonable adjustment must be accompanied by substantiated evidence of Your disadvantage.
7.7. Your application for reasonable adjustment must be sent to; email: email@example.com or SHEilds House, 24 Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Hessle HU13 9PB UK and must be received by SHEilds Ltd prior to Your selected examination registration closing date.
7.8. Additional charges may be incurred by You for the implementation of Reasonable Adjustments.
8. Registration for NEBOSH Assessments
8.1. When registering for assessment to a qualification You are agreeing to abide by the regulations for that assessment, as set out in the NEBOSH “Guide” to that qualification.
8.2. Refund of fees will be made in respect of cancelled registrations only where corroborated by a medical certificate or doctor’s note relating to the inability of the candidate to sit the examination(s) through illness. In such cases the fee will be refunded less a deduction of 30% to cover administration costs. Refunds will not be made in respect of any additional costs incurred by the candidate. All claims for refunds must be made no later than one calendar month following the examination(s).
8.3. Fees and registrations are not transferable to alternative examinations or later examination sittings, or between candidates.
9. SHEilds Ltd Liability
9.1. SHEilds Ltd expressly excludes liability for:
9.2.1 Any loss or damage to Your property unless caused by the negligence of SHEilds Ltd or its employees;
9.2.2 Any loss of profit, loss of earnings, loss of opportunity or loss of living expenses or any indirect loss suffered by You due to the breach by SHEilds Ltd of any obligation to You or due to any other act or omission or negligence of SHEilds Ltd or its employees or agents.
9.3. Neither You nor SHEilds Ltd shall have any liability to each other for any failure or delay in the performance of obligations due to any cause beyond the relevant party’s reasonable control.
9.4. SHEilds Ltd shall have no liability to You should its website be unavailable to access at any time or fails to perform within usual parameters or at all. SHEilds Ltd does not guarantee that its website is free from virus and will be uninterrupted or error free.
10. Vocational Qualification’s (NVQs/SVQs/VRQs)
11.1. The memberships which are advertised as being available upon completion of SHEilds Ltd courses are not guaranteed and are subject to the individual applying and being accepted by the membership body.
11.2. Applying for memberships with awarding bodies may incur additional fees which are for the Candidates own account.
11.3. All memberships are subject to acceptance by the applicable institutes, some levels of memberships with the institutes require a minimal amount of practical experience in addition to Qualification’s.
11.4. The level of membership offered is at the discretion of the applicable institute at all times.
11.5. Progression from GradIOSH to CMIOSH is through an internal IPD scheme.
SHEilds Ltd may terminate Your enrolment or registration at any time by written notice if:
12.1 You breach these Conditions or any terms and conditions contained in any letter confirming Your enrolment or any documents or Policies issued by SHEilds Ltd or the Awarding Body at any time; or
12.2 You fail to pay any fees due to SHEilds Ltd; or
12.3 You have provided SHEilds Ltd whether through a third party or otherwise with any false or misleading information; or
12.4 You do not meet all of the administrative or academic requirements specified in the Guides issued by the Awarding Body; or
12.5 Any of the instances set out in clause 13 below occur; or
12.6 You are involved in any malpractice pursuant to the Awarding Bodies Malpractice Policy.
12.7. Should SHEilds Ltd terminate Your learning programme there will be no refund of any funds paid.
13. Verbal or Physical Abuse
SHEilds Ltd will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of its employees or agents.
Any such incident of abuse may lead to:
a) restriction of communications with You to a specified means e.g. via letter or email only or
b) in cases which SHEilds Ltd, at its sole discretion, considers to be serious or in repeated cases of physical or verbal abuse, termination of enrolment and / or registration with SHEilds Ltd and the Awarding Body, and / or exclusion from future enrolment or registration with SHEilds Ltd and the Awarding Body.
14. Intellectual Property Rights and Nebosh Website
14.1 All copyright and other intellectual property rights in Course material purchased from SHEilds Ltd shall remain vested in SHEilds Ltd and such materials may not be reproduced/copied/distributed in any way without the prior written consent of SHEilds Ltd or as required by law.
15.1 Failure by SHEilds Ltd to enforce strict compliance with these Conditions by You shall not be considered to be a waiver of any provisions of these Conditions. No waiver by SHEilds Ltd of any breach by You of these Conditions shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
15.2. SHEilds Ltd will post parchments/certificates by standard royal mail (unless recorded delivery is requested and paid for by You), SHEilds accept no responsibility for non delivery of items posted.
15.2 If any provision of these Conditions is invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part; the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question, shall not be affected.
15.3 A person who is not a party to the contract governed by these Conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except where such rights are expressly granted to an Accredited Course Provider further to these Conditions but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists, or is available, apart from that Act.
15.4 The contract governed by these Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. Data Protection
16.1. SHEilds Ltd will hold personal information about You and will use the information as follows:-
16.1.1.To process Your applications to SHEilds Ltd and administer Your enrolment and registration for Awarding Body Assessments;
16.1.2. To respond to requests from employers or employment agencies by providing verification or otherwise of information provided by You to employers or employment agencies of Qualification’s gained through SHEilds Ltd You hold in connection with applications for employment;
16.1.3. To respond to queries raised by You or the Awarding Body
16.1.4. To deal with any disciplinary matters in respect to You;
16.1.5. To recover any monies owed by You to SHEilds Ltd;
16.1.6. To administer SHEilds Ltd policies;
16.1.7. To notify You of Your Awarding Bodies Assessments results;
16.1.8. To liaise with the Awarding Body and exchange information relating to You;
16.1.9. To make You aware of services SHEilds Ltd and other similar organisations can offer including information on current and future courses and Qualification’s unless You have notified us that You have opted out of receiving such information;
16.1.10. To carry out research to help SHEilds Ltd to improve and plan its Qualification’s;
16.1.11. For research purposes (in which case Your details will be anonymous); and
16.1.12. As otherwise permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998.
16.2. If You are studying outside the European Economic Area SHEilds Ltd may need to transfer Your personal information to the course providers with whom You have enrolled outside the European Economic Area to use Your information so that services intended by these Conditions can be provided to You. Countries outside the European Economic Area may not give the same level of protection to Your personal data as is available in the European Economic Area. By enrolling with SHEilds Ltd where You are studying outside the European Economic Union You explicitly consent to such transfer of Your personal information.
16.3. You hereby consent to SHEilds Ltd emailing Your results to You if it so decides.
16.4. You hereby consent to SHEilds Ltd featuring Your results on its website. In this event Your results will be accessible only to You and SHEilds Ltd and identifiable via Your student Username and Password.
17. Additional information
17.1 By enrolling onto a SHEilds Ltd course You agree to accept our stakeholders terms and conditions which can be found on their websites or by following the below links:
17.2 SHEilds Ltd are a registered UK company, Company Registration: 4623681.
17.3 SHEilds Ltd are VAT registered in England. UK VAT No: 808 9498 75.
17.4 SHEilds Ltd registered UK Head Office address: SHEilds House, 24 Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Hessle, UK, HU13 9PB.
17.5 SHEilds Ltd registered UK Head Office telephone number: +44 (0) 1482 806 805.
17.5 SHEilds Ltd registered UK Head Office main email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17.6 SHEilds Ltd registered Website: www.sheilds.org.
18. Statutory Rights
These Conditions shall not affect Your statutory rights as a consumer.
19. Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint relating to any aspect of your course, please raise with SHEilds Ltd to allow us to investigate under the SHEilds complaints procedure, to resolve the issue.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response you can escalate your complaint to NEBOSH by emailing email@example.com or by writing to:
Customer Service Manager
Meridian Business Park
NEBOSH will acknowledge the complaint in writing in 10 working days. All complaints will be resolved and a written response provided within 21 working days.
If the qualification is accredited by the SQA and the assessment took place in the UK, you may also seek regulatory advice form the SQA.
Complaints to the SQA can be made by calling 0345 213 5249, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Head of Accreditation
Scottish Qualifications Authority
The Optima Building,
58 Robertson Street,
SQA aims to provide acknowledgement within 5 working days and provide a considered response within 201 working days of receiving the complaint.
At SHEilds Ltd we recognise that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services , resources and courses offered by SHEilds Ltd.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at email@example.com
Information we collect and how we use it:
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a SHEilds Ltd eLearning Account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services we may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure computers.
- Log information – When you use resources and courses , our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to SHEilds Ltd, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our resources and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services , building new courses and resources.
SHEilds Ltd process personal information on our servers in England, Ireland, Europe, the United States of America and in other areas of the globe. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular course that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our resources or courses , in which case SHEilds Ltd may not be able to provide those resources to you.
SHEilds Ltd only shares personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of SHEilds Ltd and its’ staff, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
- Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to SHEilds Ltd site members, employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
SHEilds Ltd processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use SHEilds Ltd resources and courses , we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
SHEilds Ltd regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or SHEilds Ltd’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
As a business which carries out assessment we have an obligation to ensure that the students receive a fair and accurate representation of their work, whether this is in the form of assessing evidence for vocational qualifications or submissions of assignments or examinations.
Plagiarism undermines the value of qualifications for all concerned from the student, the training provider and the awarding body, as it undermines their credibility. If a student passes an assessment or gains a qualification by unfair means, it is unfair to others who have gained the qualification by proper means. For those reasons we must ensure that plagiarism and other forms of cheating have not taken place.
What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism involves knowingly taking and using another person’s work and claiming it directly or indirectly as your own.
It can be a fine dividing line between deliberate plagiarism and failure to acknowledge sources of information or contributions by other parties appropriately.
To avoid plagiarism you must give clear credit whenever you use:
Another person’s idea, opinion or theory
Statistics, and various data such as graphs, etc.
Quotations or paraphrases of another persons written or spoken words
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that work submitted for purposes of assessment is their own and to ensure that any input from a third party is clearly referenced.
It is the responsibility of assessment staff, examiners and invigilators to stress to the students that we as a provider and the awarding bodies will not tolerate plagiarism and will investigate any such identified occurrences of plagiarism and ultimately inform them of the consequences if they fail to comply.
Steps to reduce the potential for plagiarism should always be taken; this may be in the form of changing assessment plans and individualizing. Randomly asking questions rather than standardizing, or having a bank of questions on which to draw also changing methods of assessment where possible. Ensuring an appropriate level of assessors, supervision and or invigilators, who are suitably trained, are available.
Candidates should be encouraged to put in quotations everything that comes directly from another person. Also to paraphrase, but ensure that they are not just simply rearranging or altering a few words.
Evidence of plagiarism must be gathered carefully and confidentially. All documentation relating to a potential case must be retained and stored securely.
In all cases the person carrying out the investigation must ensure that there is clear evidence that plagiarism has taken place.
Therefore the following must be considered:
Was the outcome of the qualification changed by the plagiarism? If so then the assessment should be taken again.
If the plagiarism was minor and did not appear to be intentional cheating then guidance and support should be given to the student to overcome this.
If the plagiarism takes the form of copying and pasting material from a resource such as the internet the student must be made aware that this is unacceptable and must be advised to resubmit.
If the student fails to understand it should be questioned as to whether the course is suitable for them or whether the assessment instructions are clear.
If after a thorough investigation it is clear that plagiarism has occurred the candidate must be informed of the consequences.
Depending on the qualification, this could be resubmitting evidence as part of an NVQ, voiding an examination result or re-sitting an examination.
If the candidate disputes the allegation they have the right to appeal to the awarding body. Details of the individual awarding body’s procedure should be made available to the candidate at the earliest opportunity and both parties should follow their guidance.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at email@example.com.
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using (www.sheilds-elearning.co.uk) and any sub-domains of the Website;
- “User”, “Users”, “you” and “Guest” means any third party that accesses the Website and who is not employed by The Group and acting in the course of their employment;
- “The Company”, “we”, “us” and “The Group” means SHEilds Limited, and its subsidiaries and associated companies;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that The Group makes available through the Website either now or in the future.
Owner and Operator
- The Website is owned and operated by SHEilds Limited, a company registered in England with The Company number 4623681 and its registered office at UNIT 24 PRIORY TEC PARK, SHEILDS HOUSE, HESSLE, EAST YORKSHIRE, HU13 9PB.
- The services provided under the Website are supplied by SHEilds Limited and its subsidiaries and associated companies (“The Group”).
- Terms and conditions relating to the pricing and availability of products and services advertised on the Website are available separately as “Terms and Conditions of Purchase”, and contracts for the sale of products and services formed through the Website are governed by those Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- Subject to Clause 7.1 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by The Group.
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
Fair Use of Intellectual Property
- Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
Links to Other Websites
- This Website may contain links to other web sites. Unless expressly stated, these web sites are not under the control of The Group or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another web site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the web sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to this Website
- Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other web sites may do so only to the home page of the Website (www.sheilds-elearning.co.uk) without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the permission of The Group.
Availability of the Website
- The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. The Group makes no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties either express or implied of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- The Group accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website in any circumstance.
- The Group makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- The Website is intended for use within the United Kingdom. Those who choose to access this site outside of the United Kingdom are responsible for compliance with local laws to the extent that local laws are applicable.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, The Group accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website, the Content, or any information contained therein. The User should be aware that they use the Website and it’s Content at their own risk.
Law and Jurisdiction
Please ensure You read SHEilds terms and conditions thoroughly as it governs Your use of SHEilds Ltd services and limits our liability to You. by enrolling onto a SHEilds course You are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in this document.