NEBOSH International Construction Certificate Overview
Studied online, this NEBOSH International construction safety certificate is designed for the wider market (outside the UK), and will enable leaners to become competent in making construction activity safe, while complying with national and regional legislation.
Upon completion of this NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) course, learners will have the skills to assist their organisation in meeting their legal construction safey obligations. Learners will also understand how to identify and control construction site hazards and advise on risk management.
There are no prerequisite entry requirements for the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) qualification.
Although, it will be greatly beneficial for students to have already achieved certification in the IOSH Managing Safely before attempting this course, as this greatly improves a students’ potential end-result.
With a focus on ILO guidance, key topics covered by the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate include:
- Evaluate a range of construction hazards to prevent risks
- Establish and promote safer systems of work
- Collaborate on incident investigations
- Examine the roles and duties of others under construction legislation
- Influence a positive culture towards health & safety
- Advise on safe working practices
- Assess the suitability of, and manage contractors
Students should be aware this is a Certificate level qualification. This means the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) Certificate is a demanding qualification to study, approximately equivalent to a certificate of higher education.