NEBOSH National Diploma Overview
The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health course is created around UK legislation and best practices for managing and implementing safety management systems.
This online NEBOSH Diploma course provides the knowledge and understanding that underpins competent performance as an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner (OHASP).
There are no prerequisite entry requirements for the NEBOSH National Diploma qualification.
It will be greatly beneficial for students to have already achieved certification in either the NEBOSH General Certificate prior to undertaking this Diploma level course, as this greatly improves a students’ potential end-result.
There are five key topics covered in this Diploma:
- Management of health and safety at work.
- Management of stress at work.
- The importance of human factors in reducing incidents.
- The identification and control of risk associated with hazardous agents, workplace issues and equipment.
- The Key legal frameworks for health and safety in the UK, including the key elements of health and safety systems.
Students should be mindful this is a Degree level qualification and as such SHEilds classify the NEBOSH National Diploma as a demanding qualification.
Students may find it very difficult to gain a pass mark if they do not have existing background knowledge as a health & safety practitioner or the ability to study at Degree level.