Employment Law Advice Can Save You Money
Employment Law, DBS Checks and The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Due to major statutory changes in 2012 being made to The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the introduction to The Freedom of Information Act 2012 that affects all aspects of the DBS regime it has become essential that business of all sizes need to access Human Resource Support around the issues that the changes bring.
When dealing with an HR issue, failure to comply with Employment Law and HR best practice, even unintentionally, can leave your business vulnerable to costly Employment Tribunal Claims.
Having a DBS Check returned with criminal conviction information is a major issue if you are not sure what relevance the conviction has on a person’s job role.
Employment Law Advice Can Save You Money.
In addition to the cost of defending Employment Tribunal Claims, these increases in the number of Claims raised resulted in many Business Owners having to pay out hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation awards:
- £9,000 the average cost of defending an employment tribunal claim, excluding awards.
- £7,959 the average compensation awarded for Unfair Dismissal.
- £27,235 the average compensation awarded for Disability Discrimination.
- £8,869 the average compensation awarded for Age Discrimination.
- £23,668 the average compensation awarded for Sexual Orientation Discrimination.
Criminal Records Services Ltd HR Dept Services offer a free consultation / HR Health Check and we would welcome the opportunity to speak with the business owners to discuss further the benefits of how our Employment Law Advice and HR Services can help you prevent problems and protect your business.